Since its beginning with the laying of the foundation stone in 1867, St Ignatius' Church on Richmond Hill, Melbourne, has been the focal point for the expression of the faith life of the Richmond Catholic community. This house of God is a place of welcome and prayer for the people of Richmond and beyond.
St James' has a tradition of being the local church. As custodians of this inheritance, we recognise that the strength of our parish lies within us: to nurture our faith, to assume responsibility for our pastoral needs and to maintain St James' Church as a house of prayer.
The Columbarium provides a sacred space in which the cremated remains of loved ones are placed. We have two tranquil indoor settings at St Ignatius' Church (one located on the northern side of the church and another on the south-eastern side of the church) that enable families and friends to pray, reflect and remember their loved ones.