Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
- The Richmond Catholic Parish (hereafter referred to as 'the parish') has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- The parish is committed to providing and actively promoting a safe environment for children where they feel listened to and empowered.
- The parish has systems to protect children from abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and, as a pastoral ministry of the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus, in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- The parish is committed to promoting the cultural safety of Indigenous Australian children, the cultural safety of children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- The parish acknowledges that children’s safety and protecting the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of all children is a whole of community responsibility.