The time has come for us to celebrate the birth of Our Lord Jesus. If you are aware of anyone without internet access who would like to attend a Christmas Mass, please let them know that we have reopened our churches within the current health and safety limitations.
2020 has been a particularly difficult year - and still is for so many here and around the world. The Christmas star over 2000 years ago showed the way to Jesus who is Emmanuel: God-with-us. And so He has been, is and always will be with us.
Reconciliation / confession at St Ignatius' Church
Community reconciliation in preparation for Christmas is available at the following times:
- Thursday 17 December 2020 at 7:30pm
- Tuesday 22 December 2020 at 7:30pm
Includes Examination of Conscience.
For individual confession please contact the Parish Office.
To participate in a Christmas Mass
All Mass participants must follow these instructions:
- Prior to attending your chosen Mass, please complete a Richmond Catholic Parish Mass Signin Slip.
- You can download this slip (there are four to a page - complete one per person/Mass) and use Adobe Reader to type in your details and then print it or you can just print it and fill it in by hand.
- If you do not have a printer, clearly handwrite the details to be filled in on a slip of paper.
- Bring the slip with you for depositing within the church as you arrive for your selected Mass.*
- Ensure you carry a face mask with you at all times.
- If a distance of 1.5m cannot be maintained between people, indoors or outdoors, masks covering nose and mouth must be worn by those over 12 years old (unless there is a medical exemption or the distance is between people who live with each other).
- Members of the congregation must wear their face masks while singing.
- Be respectful of those who choose to continue wearing their face masks.
- Observe all sanitisation and physical distancing measures.
- If you or someone you are closely connected to is awaiting COVID-19 test results or has tested positive to COVID-19, please do not attend church or a parish setting.
Please refer to the Archdiocese of Melbourne's COVID-19 Guidelines for further information.
The above is to comply with Victorian Government COVID-19 safety and recordkeeping requirements. We trust that you will understand the reasons for these arrangements which are subject to change, pending the review of restrictions by government and health authorities.
*Note that the number of Mass participants inside our churches is restricted to a density quotient.
Televised / Online Masses
If you are not able to participate in a Christmas Mass at our parish you are encouraged to participate in a televised or online Mass - please see The Church is here for links and resources.
You are invited to follow our Richmond Catholic Parish Facebook page to receive the latest updates on our parish and Catholic news and views. If you wish to clarify any concerns, please contact the Parish Office