The Church is here
While our church buildings gradually reopen, and parishioners and visitors begin to join us for Mass, we are aware that in reality the Church - the People of God, Body of Christ, and Temple of the Holy Spirit - is always very much with us, just as Jesus remains with us. In this time of being apart we discover ways to participate in Masses and tap into other resources for our faith formation and nourishment, supporting one another and continuing to be a part of the life of the Church.
Masses in English
St Patrick's Cathedral, Melbourne, Victoria
- Mass Times: 11:00am Sunday; Various times Monday to Saturday - check Schedule below
For those parishioners with limited or no internet access, the Sunday Mass is also being broadcast live on C31 Melbourne and Geelong (TV Channel 44).
St Francis Xavier Church in Lavender Bay, New South Wales
- Mass Times: 7:30am Monday to Friday and 5:30pm Saturday Vigil
- Livestream / Watch Later: See Mass on Demand
Mass For You At Home, Free-to-air TV Channel 10
- Mass Time: 6am Sunday
- Mass Times: Various - check Schedule below for Mass with English voiceover
While many of us are unable to receive the Eucharist in person, Pope Francis encourages us to make an Act of Spiritual Communion:
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.
-- St Alphonsus Liguori
- Serving the community during COVID-19 on the Australian Jesuits website for a list of additional online Masses and resources to help you participate in Church life and to nourish your faith.
- Richmond Catholic Parish Facebook page - like us to receive the latest updates on our parish and Catholic news and views.