Watching and waiting together
This pandemic has seen Victorians experience such a long period of physical separation from one another, watching as families and individuals have faced immense loss and challenges, waiting for the day when we would emerge as a community once again.
On Sunday we move into Advent, the beginning of a new liturgical year. It is a time of watching and waiting also. Parishioners and passersby may have noticed the banner proclaiming Jesus, gift of love and hope for our world outside St Ignatius' Church. This Advent and Christmas, Catholic parishes across the Archdiocese of Melbourne are uniting to share this simple but profound message of hope and love that Jesus has for each one of us - a message that is so very much needed after such a difficult year.
To help enrich our experience of Advent, the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne has made available a number of weekly multimedia resources, including:
- Journeying Advent: Sunday Gospel reflections
- Scripture reflections: Short video reflections on the Sunday Mass readings
- Advent Voices: Audio resources about key figures of the Advent readings
- Real Conversations: Videos exploring the questions confronting us during this pandemic (view below)
- Songs of hope: An Advent playlist
See Journeying Advent for more resources and information that will help us to meaningfully reconnect and prepare for Jesus: God’s great gift of love and hope for our world.